Childish Gambino has revealed he will headline the O2 Arena in London for a massive show on 4 November this year.
The Grammy Award-winning artist, also known as Golden Globe and Emmy Award-winning actor, writer and producer Donald Glover, will be joined by special guest H.E.R. Tickets are on on sale.
Childish Gambino made an appearance at the 2018 BET awards where he was the subject of an impromptu tribute from host Jamie Foxx.
Foxx diverted from the show’s script to honour Childish Gambino, who performed his hit “This Is America” with him.
The moment was a pause from Foxx’s comedic script for a more serious note, as he observed:
“This song should not be joked about.
“This young man, Childish Gambino, Donald Glover – singer, songwriter, philanthropist, movie star, overall badass. A true artist. I wanna acknowledge you.”
He then invited Glover onstage where the artist said: “I was really not expecting to get up here.”
The pair performed an abbreviated version of “This Is America” where the crowd were invited to sing the “yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah” backing vocals.
Got sweaty palms already? Check out our handy tips for dealing with the demand:
1) Make sure you are ready and waiting with the web page up at least five minutes before 9am.
2) Do not let your computer, phone or whatever device holds the key to your happiness run out of battery.
3) Register your details with the website you are booking from in advance, if you can, but don’t panic if you haven’t left enough time as your tickets will be held while you fill out your information.
4) Check how many tickets you are allowed to buy in one purchase. If you try to buy more than the limited number, your booking may be cancelled without notice, meaning no-one gets to go.
5) Get your friends to try too but stay in contact in case you all succeed and end up with a bunch of tickets you didn’t want. If you do need to sell any on, do so at face value. No-one likes a tout.
6) Be patient and avoid refreshing or switching between browsers. Stick with one tab and have some faith! Be prepared to wait for an hour to get tickets.