Missing schoolgirls trio “now in Raqqa”

The three missing British schoolgirls who flew out of the UK to join Isis are now believed to have crossed into Syria after British reports claimed they are now staying in a house in Raqqa with a fourth British girl.

Shamima Begum, 15, Kadiza Sultana, 16, and Amira Abase, 15, went missing back in February after boarding a flight from Gatwick to Istanbul.

All from Bethnal Green Academy in east London, the girls are thought to have gone over the border into war-torn Syria not far from the Turkish town of Kilis, Sky News sources claim.

The news operation’s chief correspondent Stuart Ramsay said, “We are told by good sources within the city of al Raqqa that they are there, that they are safe.”

“They’re now apparently in a house that is owned or controlled – or at least hosted by – a British girl who had been in contact with them through the internet and had brought them through Turkey and into Syria,” he added.

It’s important to stress that there is neither evidence nor official statement from Turkish or British authorities as yet to prove that the girls are indeed in Raqqa, despite Sky News’ claims.

The unnamed 15 year-old British girl who is thought to be friends with the three most recent missing pupils may be the former Bethnal Green pupil who went missing in December, the Daily Mail claimed. What can be certified, however, is that before Ramsay’s report the trio were captured on CCTV last week in Istanbul.

“A cacophony of error”

It has also emerged that the letters from Scotland Yard to the girls’ families, were given to the schoolgirls as opposed to their parents. The letters – given to each of the 3 pupils – contained information that explained that the girls would be part of the inquiry into their friend’s disappearance back in December.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe admitted that “with the benefit of hindsight” officers should have communicated directly with the families.

The families of the three girls have demanded an apology from the Metropolitan Police (Met) in regards to their handling of events leading up to their daughters’ disappearance.

The father of Amira, Abase Hussein, said his daughter would still be at home if he had seen the warning. “If we knew, this wouldn’t have happened. We would have discussed it and taken away their passports.”

The lawyer representing the girls’ families told the BBC that it was a “disgrace” and accused the Met of a “cacophony of error in the handling of this matter”.


TNT News Yasin Chinembiri


Related News