Mother of Saffie Roussos finally told that her 8-year-old daughter died

Manchester attack: Mother of Saffie Roussos learns of her daughter’s death

The mother of the Manchester attack’s youngest victim has been informed of her daughter’s death.

Lisa Roussos had been in a coma after the Manchester Arena attack and has only regained consciousness in hospital.

The 48-year-old was critically injured by shrapnel in the bombing that killed eight-year-old Saffie. Her older sister, Ashlee Bromwich was also injured.

A family friend, Mike Swanson, said Ms Roussos was “awake and out of surgery” in hospital. She was previously on life support.

“[She] is fully aware of the situation and is now out of any danger,” he added in a Facebook post.

“I am very proud of the strength that Lisa and Andrew have as a couple. Their bravery through this is commendable.

“They are all now together. Ashley the eldest daughter is also out of danger and is talking to her mother”.

Mr Swanson, who runs a computer repairs business next to the family’s fish and chip shop in Leyland, said the family is now attempting to “rebuild their lives”.

The headteacher of Saffie’s school, Chris Upton, described her as “a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word”, adding: “She was loved by everyone”.

Saffie was one of seven children killed in the bombing, which struck a foyer linking Manchester Arena with Victoria station as fans left a concert on 22 May.

Police still probing terror network possibility

Isis claimed responsibility for the atrocity, which killed 22 people in total and injured dozens more, many of whom remain in hospital.

Police are piecing together the last movements of bomber Salman Abedi, after finding that he purchased the “core components” for the device alone.

Investigators are still probing the possibility of a wider terror network behind the 22-year-old. Fears that he built other bombs are easing after all equipment and chemicals were accounted for in searches.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said 10 suspects remain in custody on suspicion of terror offences after another man was released without charge on 31 May.

The 21-year-old man had been arrested in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, following searches in the area last week.

He was reportedly Tasered during the arrest by armed officers and led away in a protective forensic suit.

Soldiers are being withdrawn from UK’s streets as Operation Temperer stood down.

GMP continue to appeal for information on sightings of Abedi with a blue suitcase between 18 and 22 May.

He was carrying the case on repeated trips to the Wilmslow Road area of Manchester.

TNT News

Related News