Revellers are invited to the family-friendly, alcohol free countdown to 2018 from 10pm, Sunday 31 December in Albert Square.
Last year, thousands of people braved the winter cold to bring in the New Year. This year’s display is set to be the biggest celebration yet.
The event will be held in the shadow of the iconic Manchester Town Hall on Albert Square. A big screen will show the countdown to midnight as fireworks release from the roof of the iconic building.
During the event, big screens will carry messages and poetry, including Tony Walsh’s “This is the Place”.
Road closures will be in place from 9pm around Albert Square (Princess Road, John Dalton Street and Cross Street closed from 10pm). All roads will reopen at 1am.
Please note that bag searches will be in operation on entry to this year’s New Year’s Eve celebrations. We advise you to leave your bags at home to minimise delays.
Remember, there are changes to transport services over Christmas and New Year. If you are travelling over the holiday period and using these services, you could be affected.
Cllr Pat Karney, Manchester’s Christmas spokesperson, said: “No better way place to celebrate than Albert’s Square with one of the biggest firework displays going.
“It’s been an undeniably rocky year for the city, but Manchester always finds a way. Here’s to 2018.”
Cllr Luthfur Rahman, Manchester City Council’s executive member for culture and leisure, said: “This is one for all the family, so make sure you get everyone together, wrap up warm and come and enjoy the celebrations.”