Update: EastEnders murder suspect spotted

 

The partner of murdered former EastEnders actress Sian Blake is now believed to have fled to Africa after police failed to arrest him, it has been confirmed.

Arthur Simpson-Kent was caught on camera arriving in Ghana’s capital Accra, less than a week after the actress and their children Zachary, 8, and Amon, 4, were last seen alive.

London’s Met Police has said that all three bodies were found in the garden and a murder investigation has now begun. 48-year-old Simpson-Kent, had roused police’s suspicions and disappeared just days after they spoke to him about the missing family.

Authorities in Ghana have widened their search for him, after their help was requested on 7 January 2016.

Detectives have been sent to the Cape Coast in the south of the country – where the extended Simpson family is from – as well as to other parts of the Atlantic shoreline.

In addition, police checks are in place on all of Ghana’s official borders.

The authorities said while there is no official immigration record of Mr Simpson-Kent leaving the country, the delay in alerting them means he may have left via the borders into Togo, Burkina Faso or the Ivory Coast.

Ms. Blake, who had motor neuron disease, played Frankie Pierre in ‘EastEnders’ between 1996 and 1997.

It is understood that reports of domestic abuse prompted officers to question the hairdresser at the family home. However after speaking to him, their only action was to list the mother and sons as missing.

Ms Blake’s sister Ava has revealed that the actress had been thinking of leaving her partner. “Unfortunately I believe Arthur was responsible for my sister and my nephews’ deaths. I want him to face justice and explain why. My brother is angry. My cousins are angry and it’s because of the boys”, she added.

“They are angry about Sian, but the boys have devastated us. We have lost a generation”, Ava concluded.

Simpson-Kent’s CCTV photo was obtained by ITV News as he arrived in Ghana. Sniffer dogs led officers to the bodies on Tuesday 5 January 2016.

Scotland Yard said the murder victims died of head and neck injuries.

TNT News

 

Photo Credit: ITV News YouTube

Related News

Copyrıght 2015 THE NUBIAN TIMES. All RIGHTS RESERVED.