Witness appeal after teen robbed on Trafford canal

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) Police are appealing for information after a teenager was robbed on a canal towpath in Trafford.

On Monday 10 April 2017, around 8.50pm, police received a report about a 14-year-old boy. The teen had been approached by a group of approximately 18 youths.

They told him to empty his pockets or he’d be assaulted. When the boy showed his empty pockets and he had no money, he was kicked and punched numerous times.

A short time later, he was taken to hospital with facial injuries but is now recovering well at home.

Officers investigating the incident believe it may be linked to several other robberies. They also believe there is a link to attempted robberies in the area with similar circumstances.

Typically, the victims are aged between 12 and 20-years-old and are often threatened before being assaulted. The victims are assaulted sometimes with weapons including knives, machetes and wooden sticks.

A number of personal items are often reported to have been stolen including mobile phones, cash and bicycles.

A boy and girl, both aged 13, and a 15-year-old boy were initially arrested over the incident but later released under investigation. Enquiries are ongoing.

Detective Inspector Simon Akker of GMP’s Trafford Borough, said: “I want to reassure the community that we are doing everything in our power to put a stop to these robberies.

“We are working closely with our partners to make this possible but need the public’s help to identify those responsible and protect the public of Trafford.

“If anyone recognises the circumstances of this robbery or one similar, please get in contact with us”.

TNT News

Photo Credit: David Dixon

 

Related News

Copyrıght 2015 THE NUBIAN TIMES. All RIGHTS RESERVED.